Monday, September 10, 2007

gretel finds a home

It was pretty big weekend for a pretty small dog, let me tell you.

First of all, on Friday, I was taking a walk with the man with the tattooed face who I used to live with. We were walking along by the park, when the tattoo man just handed my leash to a complete stranger! The man was pretty startled, and chased the tatooed man up the street and told him he couldn't just leave me with him, but the tattoo man said he was leaving on a bus to New York City and couldn't take me with him.

He said he knew the stranger had dogs and took good care of them, and he would take good care of me too. He said he had seen the stranger walking his dogs in the park. He told me he was sorry that he couldn't bring me with him. I was very confused and also worried because the tattoo man had always fed me, which is a pretty important when you are a pretty small dog and also a hungry one.

So, the stranger took me to his porch and tied me up while he called the lady at work. The lady told the stranger man that they could not possibly fit any more dogs in the bed at night, but that they would take care of me. But first I would go to the vet before I met the other dogs.

So the stranger man, whose name is Philip, fed me treats and then took me to see Dr. Jones. I have to tell you, going to the vet is not fun because the vet stuck me with needles and also stuck me other places that are not to be mentioned in polite company. I got shots for rabies and my temper and some other stuff. Dr. Jones let Philip know that I needed to be fixed and that my tummy and my heart had worms! I was very upset and embarassed, but Philip said he would get me fixed and get rid of my worms, and I felt better. I didn't even know I was broken!

Then Philip took me back to the porch and gave me a bath, which was not at all pleasant. He used shampoo for my fleas, but of course it completely changed my nice doggy smell and now I will have to find something suitable to roll in so I can smell good again.

He also gave me flea medicine and combed out my knots in my fur. I have to admit I looked very pretty after that. I knew I was looking really good because the lady came home and said I looked just adorable and that I had very pretty fur and the cutest feather feet. Poor lady, they are fur, not feathers!

Then we took a big walk and I met the pack. Oh my goodness, the pack was not happy at all about me being at their house. They are big dogs and they barked at me and later on, they chased me around the house until I had to start showing my teeth. Look at how big the pack dogs are:


They could eat a pretty small dog like me for breakfast, so I had to show some teeth to let them know that I was not edible.

Then Philip went and bought me two collars, one for Halloween and one for everyday, for my new rabies tag. And the next day, he and the lady got me a tag with my name on it and also a sassy scarf to set off my beautiful fluffy furs.

I was getting pretty comfortable at this house and even the pack learned that even pretty small dogs are nothing to mess with, but then some other people came to visit us last night. They were the lady's parents, and they took me home in their mini van, which is kind of a misnomer because it is pretty big for a pretty small dog like me.

So now I am living with a new pack. I miss Philip, though he said he and the lady would visit, and I am going back to their house to visit Dr. Jones so that I can get fixed. And now I have to take a break and find some treats before I post again to tell you what my new house is like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your gretelgrrrl.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com